Click here to go back to the Society of Richmond Children's Centres website.

Monday 30 March 2015

Corporate HQ

I will admit there are times I actually dream of the SRCC having a head office.....and dedicated space for the Leaders to have actual offices...together....and maybe a board room..... sometimes my dreams are a little over the top



Or a bit ridiculous (although I do believe this is at Google?)


When the reality of this office/store room gets me down......


I imagine this......


With an assistant.....

While this is all fun to dream about the truth is that the SRCC needs a HQ ..... soon... and to that end a grant proposal is before the Provincial Government that may help us realise an appropriately scaled down version of this dream so please cross your fingers and toes for us!  And if you know anyone in Government.....call me!

But the work goes on regardless and in a effort to hold our Leadership Team Meetings in a professional setting our local Credit Union came to the rescue.  Vancity Credit Union has a "Community Stage" they offer to local organisations at no cost!

Of course our meetings are usually very early in the morning so I had a key fob and alarm code to get into the bank this morning


As if my palms weren't sweaty enough I caught sight of myself on the closed circuit TV which made me very anxious for some reason


I managed to get in without setting off the alarm - PHEW!  And set up the room for my Leadership Team...... yup..... I gave them each a million bucks......


Breakfast helped us get through a long agenda



We saw this and were sorely tempted to write ourselves a cheque with a few zeroes but we figured we'd trust the saying that "all good things come to those who WAIT" .....


Our thanks to Vancity for offering this lovely space to us for free  - it's a great solution for us while we wait.